Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm So Good at Playing Pretend

Every morning as I walk past the jail, there is about a 97.2% chance that I'm going to get hit on by at least one attractive gentleman gallantly being released from prison. Today was one such day, as was yesterday. I really wish I could do more to satisfy these men other than completely ignore them. The "Aye little mama's" and "Howdy purdy lady, yer sher lookin' purdy sexeh's" are just way too much to resist, but somehow I manage to pretend these men don't exist.

Now, I'm a pretty conservative girl. I enjoy my Republicanism, but before this internship I was warned to keep my political opinions to a minimum, so I did. And I guess I didn't realize how well I kept my opinions to myself (because I'm an incredibly opinionated person). But, as I was killing time on DrudgeReport today, one of the investigators came up to me and exclaimed, "YOU'RE A CONSERVATIVE?!" My reply was something to the tune of, "Thank God, I am!" He was so surprised, and I was even more surprised that I had actually passed as a liberal all summer without even trying. Good thing I can make up for it by going back to intern for a Republican politician this coming semester.

Tomorrow is the last day of my internship, and I'm pretty sad. I've had such a good time and the people are so great. I really hope they allow me to come back again at some point in my future legal education and legal career.

No comments:

Post a Comment