Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't Misunderestimate My Generation

I was told by the first caller of the day that I should consider moving to Russia, Canada, or Mexico when I'm in my 40's because they take care of all of their citizens over the age of 60. (I commented that Russia and Canada were far too cold for my liking.) He told me that when I am his age, I will be looking to the government to help me out with my bills, medical insurance, ect. and that the United States won't help me because my generation doesn't matter.

Go on to one of those great countries, you goofy old bastard, and let me know just how much you enjoy it.

If I was allowed to do case work, I'd run the shit out of this office. Oh, wait, I'm the only one here... again. I'd better be getting one stellar recommendation.

Okay, fine, not all consitutents are bad. They may give these long-winded speeches about how much they hate illegals (I don't blame them for that one) but when a 76 year-old man tells me at the end: "You've been very kind and such a jewel for listening to this old man's rants. Don't forget that you and your peers with all the energy and all the brains can truly make a difference in America," it makes the aforementioned goofy old bastard's comment about my generation look just plain silly.

Misunderestimate is a great word. Thank you, W., for inventing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment