Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Packing Sucks

Tomorrow I head down to the ATX to see how I do at this lobbying thing. I'm way excited! I also probably won't pack until the last minute. Woo hoo!

I'm pretty bummed because I'm not so sure DC will work out this summer. I have a Hill internship pretty much locked in but they'd only have me work two or three days a week. Laaaaame. I'd like an internship I can actually get something out of, not just do bitch work because I enjoy being a slave. However, I have been talking to people around the area and I might end up clerking for a judge or interning at a firm downtown. It doesn't even compare to the awesomeness that is DC, but I guess it'll suffice as a backup. I love The District. I miss it all the time. I'll keep the blog world updated.

I went to Target this afternoon to get a few things for my trip and almost vomited in the Valentines Day aisle. It was gross. Valentines Day is my least favorite holiday. It's stupid and pointless and it's really not that I'm bitter; I just really dislike all of the pink and frilliness and huge overstuffed bears and jewelry commercials, ect. It's like women will withhold sex if they don't get one of these ridiculous presents. What. A. Joke. Valentines Day is stupid. But! The chocolate goes on sale the day after. Happy February 15, friends!

Today's quote comes from my Presidential Leadership professor, in regards to Thomas Jefferson:
"As a man, you know you've done extremely well for yourself if people are still talking about your sex life 200 years after your death!"

No comments:

Post a Comment