Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I was so excited to see this movie and was--unfortunately--left less than satisfied. Half the time I was wondering why JK Rowling thought that was a good route to go. Now, you could call me overly obsessed an expert. (Cue the nerd within.) I've read the books all at least four times, took a literature class on Harry Potter and the Hero Myth my freshman year of college, had Mugglenet as my homepage for about a year, bought books predicting what would happen in the next book, and well, you get the picture. The point is, this movie is probably my least favorite Harry Potter movie, which totally blows because the book is so good and gives you so much insight into the worlds of a younger Voldemort and present day Harry. I'm pretty bummed. Maybe it'll grow on me over the next few times I see it.

Frieda didn't end up trying the circus case because it pled. Booooooo. However, I need to start abstaining from the courthouse elevators. In the past two days I've ended up riding the elevator alone with McProsecutor four times (an additional two times included other people as well). Then, after taking a field trip to the clerk's office, I step into the elevator only to find my former boss, a defense attorney, hanging out with another defense attorney--both in their seersucker suits. We all laughed because I was also wearing a seersucker suit. They were all the same colors. We matched. My former boss proceeded to tell the other defense attorney that I got my style from him. How cute are we?

If you haven't heard, there was a shooting a few blocks from the Capitol building in DC this afternoon. All of the Senate entrances were closed, as were the Senate office buildings. Boy was in the Hart office building at the time and was on lock down for two hours. Dun dun dunnn! Intense. The would-be defendant ended up being fatally shot by Capitol Police after pulling a gun on them. Not a smart move. More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment