Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza

Monday was my birthday. My present from the boy was a hotel room at The Driskill and a night on 6th Street. Apparently it's supposed to be haunted. Awesome. I didn't find out about that until I Googled the hotel's link. Haunted places scare me. Good thing I found out after I stayed there or I probably would've freaked out a little.

Anyway! My birthday was epic. I pretty much died from all of the free shots and drinks but it was totally worth it. It was the day leading up to 6th Street that was just my luck.

My car started to break down on my way to the courthouse Monday morning. My sister had to bring my dad's Suburban for me to drive while my dad got my car towed to the dealership. Then, on the way to Austin, I got to Georgetown (which is roughly 30 minutes from Austin) and the Suburban started to go haywire. The RPM needle kept going up to 4, 5, and 6 while I was trying to accelerate but the speedometer said I was decelerating. Then a cute little message popped up on the dashboard saying, "TRANSMISSION HOT" right as I noticed a gas-like smell. Great. What's even better is that all of this happened right across from a Chevy dealership. Life has a cruel sense of humor.

So, I had to wait an hour for the boy to come get me from the Chevy dealership. It was all fun and games after that (until I got to the airport and my flight was delayed an hour). It was a chaotic birthday but definitely one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment