Monday, July 6, 2009

Respect My Authorateh

I was watching a DWI trial today because the defendant was being represented by a famed defense attorney in the area. The two cops who pulled over the defendant came into the courtroom to be sworn in by they judge. Ordinarily, I would've zoned out during this part, but I thought these cops were hilarious.

They were in the darkest but shiniest navy uniforms with the most sparkling of buttons, name tags, pins, and badges. Their flashlights banged against their guns in the most melodious fashion and you could probably see your reflection in their shaved heads as well as you could in their mirror-like handcuffs. They were huge guys, both between 6'2" and 6'7" and were ripped. They looked the exact same with the exception of their height.

If I had been the defense attorney I would've asked if it was a requirement of the department to look like clones. They looked ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment