Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thug Life

Murder trials with a touch of gang violence are fun. Except when you misjudge what stage the trial is in and accidentally sit on the defendant's side and get surrounded by gang bangers (apparently that's the proper term for homies in a gang). Frieda and I did that yesterday. I turned my ID badge around so none of them could Google me and come kill me. Then I wondered if gangsters knew how to use the internet because one attorney in our unit joked that gangsters can't read. When more and more members of this gang kept coming in the courtroom, the judge ordered more bailiffs. That didn't really help Frieda and I because we were literally pinned up against the wall surrounded by thugs. We did get out alive and no one has come to rape or murder me so I'm thinking I'm good to go. I'm considering joining a gang. I'm thug enough.

McProsecutor is trying a kiddie case next week and I'm so excited to watch. This is the first case he's tried all summer. Rumor has it that his mother might come cheer him on. Adorable? Yes.

1 comment:

  1. Something like that happened to me once when I was shadowing my prosecutor cousin. There wasn't a trial going on, but people were there for whatever drug-related trouble they were in. This nice-seeming guy started chatting me up and we were exchanging pleasantries. I thought he was either a dressed-down attorney or an intern or something (you see where this is going) but turns out he was there to answer for possession of cocaine.

    ReplyDelete