Friday, January 23, 2009

Crazy Friday

It was just that kind of day were the most random people called the office. It was just the 28 year-old case worker and I today and we laughed for about 15 minutes straight after our very first caller of the day:

Me: Good morning, office of Congressman Badass.
Indian Man: Yes, I have a question. I have three wives over in India and I was wondering if it was okay if I married another one.
Me: Well, yes, that's okay if it's legal in India. Are you a permanent resident or a citizen?
Indian Man: I'm a permanent resident.
Me: Do you have a wife here?
Indian Man: We recently got divorced. [I'm hoping this was after she found out about his three other wives.]
Me: Okay, very good. Is there anything else?
Indian Man: Yes. Can I bring my wives over?
Me: Um. No... That's illegal in the United States. You can being one over but...
Indian Man: Oh, no, that's okay. That's fine. I'll just pick my favorite one and the rest can stay there. Thanks! -Click.-

WHAT?! We talked about that exact type of situation in my globalization class but I never thought I'd ever encounter it in person. Ri-damn-diculous. 

I also found this hilarious video this morning... High Five!

No comments:

Post a Comment