Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Denny Crane.

Boston Legal is by far one of my absolute favorite shows ever. The writing is pure genius. The actors are perfect for their roles. It's just fabulous and I own every season. Anyway, on "ion tv" (whatever random channel that is) they have three episodes on tonight and it makes me happy. I'd like to think I'll have a marital relationship similar to Alan's and Denny's one day. But I'm not holding my breath.

Today was my first day at Congressman Badass' office. This little group of staffers looks like a bunch of squares compared to the last two places I've worked. Bummer. Such is life. They can be fun though. We were talking about weird names today and one of the staffers claimed to have had a high school teacher named "Ottomobeel." I kid you not. Then, not even fifteen minutes later, a black woman named "Vanilla" called the office. The staffer I sit next to laughed when I told him who was on the phone and he responded with, "At least it wasn't her sister, Chocolate." No. Way. Black sisters named Chocolate and Vanilla (does anyone else sense irony there?). And a teacher named Ottomobeel. I could make a very tasteless joke at this point but I'll refrain from doing so.

I ended up making an enemy in my Politics and Culture of the Middle East class yesterday. The professor likes me but oooh that girl sure as hell doesn't. The story is funny but I don't feel like typing it out. If you want to know, ask me. Other than that, classes are fine and I have a friend in all of them; one actually in three. He's fun. And smart. Woo good grades!

The issue on the table at the moment: I thought I could eat a full meal tonight for dinner. Nope. Not ready. Stomach hurts so bad. Ugh.

Now, the real issue on my table: I have this ex whom I will call EISMOW (ex I sometimes make out with). We dated on and off for Junior and Senior years of high school. He went off to college and dated a couple people while I went off to college and have yet to date anyone else. That's okay with me; that's not my problem. My problem is that he keeps infesting my dreams and it's weirding me out. It's annoying. He's a cool friend but I, you know, would rather dream about other things. Cosmo told me that dreaming of an old ex usually means your mind is substituting your ex for a guy you haven't hooked up with yet but want to and are nervous about the eventual encounter. What? No idea what you're talking about, Cosmo. Last time I checked, I've become celibate. I'm a weirdo.

I'm trying to decide if I really want to look at my syllabuses to see if I have real homework tonight. If I do, I don't want to do it. I'm so tired. So, I'll go back to Boston Legal after this note:

Alan Shore: "Denny, what would you do if you actually met God?"
Denny Crane: "I'd take him fishing."

No comments:

Post a Comment